— Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?
To ease your character the way to survive and win in this harsh world, we advise you to pay special attention to the equipment. Suitable and available for your character equipment items are divided into three categories: armor, weapon and jewelry.
Armor can be:
- heavy (warrior, paladin, barbarian)
- medium (monk, assassin, ranger)
- light (priest, necromancer, sorcerer)
Jewelry includes necklaces, rings and amulets.
There is a wide variety of weapons in the game, but its availability depends on your character’s class; for example, a paladin can pick up and use a hammer and a shield, but if you’ve always dreamed of archery, then this class is not for you, it’s better to choose the ranger.
Level and quality of equipment
The quality of the obtained item can be quickly determined by the color of its name:
- Items with gray names have the lowest performance. They should be used only at the very beginning; at higher levels such equipment will not help you much.
- The names of average items are written in white, their characteristics are slightly better than of gray ones, but for a proper game, they are not suitable either.
- Unusual items have got green names; they have additional action characteristics.
- Rare Items are highlighted in blue; obtaining such equipment is not easy. There are 2 types of rare items those that can be binded on pick-up, and those that can’t.
- Items that can be binded you can loot from raid bosses in the dungeons, world bosses and mobs from all over the Sphere.
- Items that are not bound on pick-up can only be looted from the world bosses with a very low drop chance. These items won’t be personal for your character so you can trade them to other players. You can learn more about the item binding from the article below.
- And finally, the names of items of epic quality are purple. They are the most difficult items to obtain, but such equipment has the highest performance.
In addition to the differences in quality, the items also vary by level; starting with a certain level (25) they are separated by class. In the following picture Gloves of the mystery seeker can be used by priests only.
The maximum value of the basic stats, that a specific element of armor can have, is 1/6 of the character’s stats at the level that requires armor. For example, a paladin of 25 level has got basic stamina of 120. Thus, the best equipment, available to the paladin at this level, will have Stamina bonus of 20 points; and with a full set of six armor items (helmet, breastplate, gloves, belt, greaves and boots) your character will be able to get another 120 points to the basic stats. This applies similarly to other parameters. Bonuses for other stats, such as physical and magical defense and attack power, are calculated separately.
To learn how to improve the performance of your equipment, read the article.
Binding an item
«Binding items» is attaching them to specific character (or all characters of the player’s account). After it the items can be used or equipped only by these characters. Before binding, the item is no different from usual ones, but after it, it can’t be transmitted by any means to any of the characters except the characters to which it is bound (although it may be sold to NPC merchants or placed in a bank).
Types of binding.
- Binding to character. After binding the item becomes available only to this particular character, and can only be stored in inventory or equipment of the character or in a bank.
- Binding to account. After binding the item becomes available to all the characters of the account, but nobody except them. It can only be stored in inventory or equipment of any of the characters of the account or in a bank.
You can bind the item to the character in the following ways:
- Binding on pickup. The item binds on obtaining, i. e. on getting into the character’s inventory or equipment.
- Binding on equip. The item binds when placed into one of the cells of the character’s equipment in the character window or in one of the bag slots in your character’s inventory, or bank.
Since the item binds when equipped, it is placed into the inventory by default, and when you try to equip it, you see an alert, informing you that after the planned actions the item will become personal, so you have to confirm your intention to use it.
- Binding on use. The item binds by its first application (from the action panel, or by double clicking on it in the inventory).
Item repair: any piece of equipment has got certain durability, which decreases as the item is being used. If the durability of the item falls to 0, it is considered broken, and you can no longer use it. To avoid this, you should repair items at special NPCs in towns. Keep in mind that the repair costs money, and the lower the durability of the item is, the more expensive the repair will be.